SBC's Men's Ministry is about creating opportunities for men to build Christ-centered relationships. It's about people. It's about helping men build loving, encouraging relationships with other people and with God. Men have an important role in the church and are called by God to strive for lives defined by
integrity, intimacy, and intentionality.
Men's Discipleship Class
Meets Wednesdays at 6:15pm
Room 203 in the FLC
REFUGE INTERNATIONAL DISCOVERY LUNCHEON SUNDAY JUNE 2 @ NOON at SBC
- Unreached People Groups (UPG's) are coming legally from Africa into our community. We are forming a Welcome Team and the CEO of Refuge International will share with us those responsibilities as well as other ways to get involved.
THURSDAY 9-HOLE GOLF IS BACK THIS SUMMER
- The dates are May 16, 30 June 13, 27 July 11, 25 Aug 8 and we will again tee off at 6 p.m. at Weissinger Hills Golf. Cart/Green Fees are $18 pp and payable at the pro shop.
SATURDAY AUGUST 4 the FIRST SATURDAY BREAKFAST will be at the ARK ENCOUNTER
- We will leave that morning at 7:15 a.m. and return to SBC at 2 p.m. The cost will be $30 pp and include breakfast. More details will be coming.
Men's Ministry 3 year plan (2018-2020)
- RELATIONAL COMMUNITY(Matthew 18:20) Provide organized settings that allow men to naturally connect, form friendships, and offer a safe environment where men can face and process real life issues.
- PERSONAL SPIRITUAL PRACTICES(1 Corinthians 11:1) Provide accountability opportunities so men increasingly take responsibility for their personal spiritual life and get rid of the blinders that keep them from becoming the most useful possible man for God.
- INFLUENCING ANOTHER PERSON’S LIFE(Matthews 28:19-20) Provide outreach efforts so men develop an appetite to see lives transformed and are consumed with making disciples.
SBC Men’s Ministry Action Steps
1A. Intentionally discover men’s spiritual gifts and connect them into serving opportunities
1B. Minister to men through a website that serves as a community bulletin board for men’s
events (Golf, Wed Class, 1st Saturday Breakfast, Guatemala Mission Trip), projects, resources, devotionals, etc
2A. Create a “Try It” Ministry by adopting a different SIMPly Love project every six months as a way to sample different serving opportunities in our community.
2B. Introduce a 5/5 Covenant (Addendum “A”) to create intentionality and opportunity to experience faith outside the church
2C. Offer specific classes (for example) at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary/Boyce College, Dave Ramsey, and 3 Circles Training
3A. Intentional apprenticing by mentoring new SBC Christians (need to create pathway)
3B. Have 4-6 gospel conversations a year by partnering with (for example) a drug rehabilitation home where people are uncritical spirits, have hungry hearts and listening ears for the promise of salvation and redemption.
3C. Quarterly share stories of radically changing lives (pulpit, newsletter, etc)