The vision of Simpsonville Baptist Church is summarized in the Great Commission. We see every member of SBC as an empowered minister of the gospel, making disciples through the natural process of replication so that generosity, compassion, and outreach flow through our everyday lives. As we grow and mature in unity, we see this being realized through local ministry touches and strategic mission partnerships, prayerfully planting churches of disciples.
Our core values form a broad rule of life - the framework we've adopted for both what we want to become together and how we want to go about becoming those things. They are reflected in consistent choices we make, and we live them out and strive for unity of spirit and diversity of people.
- Biblical Teaching - Equipping Christians through Biblical preaching and teaching of God's Word.
- Prayer - Reliance on prayer for direction and guidance concerning the ministries of the church, our daily lives, and the world.
- Life Transformation - Giving opportunities for life transformation through small groups because it is where most individual change, conversion, and development takes place.
- Evangelism & Missions - The idea that life is meant to be given away and that the church exists to share Christ with others in our community and around the world. We are called to "go."
- Worship - Faithfully offering our worship before God in corporate and personal settings.
- Families & the Next Generations - To utilize families to equip the next generation and strive to give children and students the opportunities to grow to maturity.
- Leadership Development - The ministries of this church being carried out by non-ordained servants. This will be accomplished through training opportunities and practices that encourage lay initiative, leadership responsibility, and authority in ministries within the church.
- Compassionate Ministry - To be a compelling force for God's good in the world. We believe that the Church is at its best when it serves, sacrifices, and loves, caring about the things God cares about. Led by the Spirit of God, we are passionate about relieving suffering and fighting injustice, joining the God of the oppressed in living out the transforming message of the resurrected Jesus.